Re-imagine your workplace by keeping your finger on the pulse of HR thought leadership and innovation with timely and relevant case studies, webinars and more.
Productivity Protection contains information on how disability insurance can help keep your company profitable and productive. Entrepreneurship expert Rieva Lesonsky provides tips on attracting and retaining top talent. Additional articles include making over workplace food choices, assisting employees through workplace accommodations and implementing workplace wellness programs.
This fifth installment in Standard Insurance Company's series on workplace productivity and its relationship to health, absence and disability focuses on short term disability (STD) and opportunities for health management interventions that can help employees return to work.
As the U.S. economy emerges from the Great Recession, American employees face a long financial recovery. The hardships resulting from the drop in employment depleted 15 years of net worth from the middle class. This loss of personal wealth has manifested itself in a number of ways — and has had a major impact on employers as the demographic makeup and behaviors of their employees are changing.
Employers and their beneﬁt advisors face a complex array of carriers and third-party administrators when attempting to choose absence and disability providers. In the past, these choices often hinged upon price alone. Recent research and surveys have demonstrated that employee absence and disability cost more than previously thought. The provider choice can ultimately have major implications for employee productivity as well as the employer’s bottom line.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to lost productivity in the workplace, but presenteeism is one of the most important and unfamiliar. In his third Productivity Insight on health-related lost productivity, Michael Klachefsky, national practice leader, Workplace PossibilitiesSM for The Standard, explores the effects of presenteeism — the decline in workplace productivity due to a medical condition — and how employers can address it.
Everywhere you turn today, healthcare is making headlines. Whether it’s the recent Supreme Court decision upholding the Affordable Care Act or the ongoing skyrocketing costs associated with providing healthcare insurance to America’s employees, healthcare is center stage.
The indirect costs of employee absence can be difficult to track. But when productivity is lost, the bottom line is impacted. In his second Productivity Insight on health-related lost productivity, Michael Klachefsky, national practice leader, Workplace PossibilitiesSM for The Standard, explores the productivity loss caused by employees who are away from work for medical reasons, how to quantify that loss and how much a provider’s program can reduce productivity loss.
The rising cost of health care is on everyone’s mind these days. However, recent research has estimated that medical care and pharmaceutical costs make up only 30 percent of the total cost of poor employee health. What about the other 70 percent? In his latest white paper, Michael Klachefsky, national practice leader, Workplace PossibilitiesSM for The Standard, explores the costs of health-related lost productivity and helps provide a picture to employers of the full cost of poor health.
Michael Klachefsky, national practice leader, Workplace PossibilitiesSM for The Standard, has written a new white paper that illustrates how on-site consultants can play a key role in helping employers integrate early disability reporting and disability duration guidelines into return-to-work programs. To expand on his white paper “The Future of Absence and Disability Management,” this paper addresses these two highly rated but underused health and productivity management practices that employers can use to help improve employee health and productivity and to reduce employer costs.
Michael Klachefsky, national practice leader, Workplace PossibilitiesSM for The Standard, has written a white paper, The Future of Absence and Disability Management, which addresses three major employee absence and productivity challenges employers are facing. Michael explains how employers can address and solve these issues by integrating three key practices that change the way they manage absence and disability in the workplace.
HR professionals, employers and benefit consultants are discovering a unique, proactive approach to managing absence and disability in the workplace. Learn how The Standard's Workplace PossibilitiesSM program keeps employees on the job and helps them return to work sooner. Find out how the program takes the burden off the HR manager by putting a vocational expert in the workplace.